The Salt Cave – Gold Coast | Australia
SALT THERAPY SESSION 45mins
Bookings and payment at time of booking essential
Please Call (07) 5526 0703
Price: $40.00 for 2 people
Open 6 Days: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm Saturday 9am to 2pm
Note: Runs on each hour
SALT CAVE FAQ’s
Yes, absolutely. Salt Therapy is a 100% drug-free treatment with absolutely no artificial elements. Children respond to Salt Therapy very quickly and effectively. Many children find Salt Therapy very relaxing and it often helps calm them down, many children even fall asleep during their Salt Therapy session.
- You don’t need to wear any special clothing. We recommend you wear shorts and a t-shirt or singlet.
- No footwear is permitted in the Salt Cave, however we do provide shoe covers for those who need to keep their shoes on for medical reasons.
- The temperature is a comfortable room temperature, we also have small blankets available for your use.
- We request that you do not to wear perfume or strong scented body lotion during the Salt Therapy session as many of our clients are allergic to them.
As the entire floor of the Salt Cave is covered with salt granules, it is unsuitable to wheel a wheelchair in the Salt Cave. With prior arrangement at the time of booking, we are happy to assist further in assisting in making the Salt Cave accessible.
At the Himalayan Salt Factory we have a Salt Cave unique to the Gold Coast with over 3 tonnes of Himalayan Crystal Mineral Salt and the ambient atmosphere is simply breathtaking. Perhaps instead you could say it is ‘breath giving’ as Salt Therapy has been proven to help with many respiratory health problems such as Asthma.
To put it simply ‘Salt Halo Therapy is breathing in salty air much like walking along the beach when the surf is roughed up and you breathe in the salt air. The Himalayan Salt Factory’s Salt Cave contains Himalayan Crystal Mineral Salt which is over 250 million years old, pure and untouched by today’s pollutants. Salt Therapy is a common and natural treatment worldwide which started in the mines of the Himalaya’s where workers in the mines and caves were significantly much healthier than other people in the region.
The Himalayan Salt Factory’s Salt Cave is a room comfortably fitting 8 chairs large enough to put your feet up and lie back and relax. These chairs can be removed from the Salt Cave for Yoga or Meditation groups also.
How does the Salt Cave work?
The Salt Cave uses a Halo Generator to reproduce and monitor the therapeutic micro-climate of natural Salt Caves. The micro salt particles coming from the medical device is sterile, negatively ionised and saturated with a low concentration of highly dispersed, pharmaceutical grade Salt. Visitors can simply relax in the pleasant ambient atmosphere of the Salt Cave with Himalayan Salt covering the floor and walls. Relax and breathe in the regulated salt which is transported to every part of the respiratory tract; even the smallest bronchioles and alveoli which dissolves and attracts the small, positively charged impurities, which are subsequently able to be either coughed up, or which leave the body during metabolic processes via the bloodstream. The Salt Cave Therapy is safe for all ages.
Clinical trials and many client / patient reviews have shown that Salt Halo Therapy may help with –
- To clear mucous from the airways thus removing airflow obstruction
- To enhance the mucous clearance mechanism in both asthmatic and healthy subjects
- To maintain clear airways
- To provide anti-inflammatory and bactericidal effects in the whole respiratory tract
- To reduce bronchial sensitization and improve lung function
- To help clear unwanted inhaled particles from respiratory tract
- As a drug-free treatment for asthma, bronchitis, Cystic Fibrosis (CF) and sinusitis
- Stress relief
- Promotes athletic endurance
Salt Therapy may also help with the following health issues –
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Hay fever
- Ear infections
- Breathlessness & chest tightness
- Pneumonia (post-acute stage)
- Smoker’s cough
- Cough with viscous sputum
- Dry, paroxysmal cough with distant rates
- Acute disorders of respiratory tract
- Sinusitis/sinus inflammation
- Respiratory infections & Allergies
Other Salt Cave FAQ’s
The dry salt aerosol micro climate inside the Salt Therapy Cave is continuously monitored and generated by the Halogenerator’s advanced technology. The concentration, size of the particles, temperature, humidity and level of negative ionised charging is all constantly controlled throughout the session. Salt Inhaler’s are a cheaper alternative, easy to use and portable; however they cannot provide the same quality therapy which plays key role in the healing of the respiratory system.
Common Table Salt is linked to high blood pressure, heart attacks and other illness’ due to the anti-caking agent (E535 and E536) content, being heat-treated and also processed – offering absolutely No health benefits what-so-ever. With Salt Therapy you will breathe the diffused dry saline into the respiratory system, and 100% natural Himalayan Salt, which does not have any anti-caking agent in it.
Since 1940, many doctors have acknowledge that thousands of patients have been successfully treated by Halotherap/Speleotherapy (treatment in natural Salt Caves) in Canada, Russia, Hungary, Romania, Poland, Austria and Germany. After receiving these treatments, patients’ breathing became much easier, lung function and symptoms such as sneezing, coughing and shortness of breath vastly improved, while prescription drug use decreased significantly. Clients can expect to experience positive results in as few as 4-20 days, all depending on their condition.